Ask a Tax Question - Late Filing Of Federal Taxes
Tax This!: An Insider's Guide to Standing Up to the IRS
by Scott Estill

Tax This! An Insider's Guide to Standing Up to the IRS, is just that. It provides the insight of an insider that will help you stand up to the IRS in any situation. Little known facts and difficult to conceive strategies are revealed that will help any target of the IRS deal effectively with them or help prevent you from becoming their target.

Author Scott Estill discloses all the rights, which are many, that citizens have when confronted with a problem involving the IRS. He gives an insider's look at the culture, attitudes, and seemingly out of control bureaucracy that prevails inside the IRS and prepares you to deal with the IRS at that level also. His information is backed up by references to the Internal Revenue Code, Congressional Law, and established judicial decisions.

Tax This also provides clear examples of completed IRS forms, which are many and varied. Overall, this is an informative, easy read for someone like me with little knowledge of the IRS. It will hold your interest even if the IRS isn't breathing down your neck and may be invaluable if they are.


Ask a Tax Question - Late Filing Of Federal Taxes -

Ask a CPA Mom your Tax Question FREE?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

Ask a Tax Question - Late Filing Of Federal Taxes
  If you desire to ask a specific question feel free to contact us. 
Opinions are FREE.

All About Late Filing Of Federal Taxes   
Carl LaFresnaye

The IRS allows for late filing of federal taxes provided the appropriate paperwork is filled out (there's always paperwork!).

This simple guide shows you how to go about it.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Scholarships For NRIs, Persons Of Indian Origin (New Kerala)
Kuala Lumpur, March 10: New Delhi has announced scholarships for the Indian diaspora for undergraduate studies in India during 2010-11.


Forms for Late Filing of Federal Taxes

The form to apply for an automatic extension of the deadline for filing federal taxes is IRS form number 4868. It is a very simple form to fill out, consisting of just nine questions. The first three questions are merely personal details such as name, address and social security number. The last two are check boxes to mark off if you are a US citizen or resident living abroad or if you file form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ, for nonresident aliens. The remaining four questions are: the estimate of the total tax liability for the year; the estimate of the total tax payments for the year; the balance remaining when you subtract the latter from the former and the amount you intend to pay. If you cannot afford to pay the entire balance, pay as much of it as you can. You can pay online using a credit card. If you choose to do this, you will get a confirmation number by e-mail, which you will also need to enter on the form.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Scholarships Available (Community Press & Recorder)
Again this year the Madeira Woman's Club will award three scholarships this spring - two for high school seniors and one for an adult who is continuing his/her education.


Who Is Eligible for Late Filing of Federal Taxes?

To qualify for late filing of federal taxes, you need to be able to complete form 4868 accurately and submit it by the normal federal filing deadline. Generally, the IRS cannot extend the deadline for more than six months, but there are certain exceptions for Americans and their foreign spouses living abroad. In these cases, you can apply for an additional two months on top of the six month extension by writing a letter to the IRS Service Center in Austin, Texas explaining why you need these extra two months.

Penalties for Late Filing of Federal Taxes

Late filing of federal taxes can carry substantial penalties if you don't get permission from the IRS first. The penalty for filing late is 5 percent of the tax shown on the form per month; and for paying late, a half percent per month, both up to a maximum of a quarter of the total tax owed. However, the IRS recognizes that some people are forced to pay late due to personal circumstances beyond their control. If this applies to you, call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) or look in the phone book for the address of your local Taxpayer Assistance Center, to talk to an IRS official in person.

Who are the CPA Moms?      Your Tax Professional Forever!!!!

“CPA Moms - Tax Moms - EA Moms" are trade names given to Accounting and Tax Professionals who chose to work in an “relaxed” environment. Some "Moms" work from home, other work from personal offices. Not all are Moms, there are some Dads. We call them Mr. Tax Moms. CPA Dads or Enrolled Agents Dads.
Each Mom is independent. Once a client starts working with a Mom, the client will keep the same “Mom” year after year regardless of where the client moves or relocates. Being in a “relaxed” environment has many advantages. Lower overhead, faster response time, more availability, etc.
To be a member a CPA Mom, Tax Moms, or an Erolled Moms the Tax Professional must ALWAYS be in good standing with their state licensing agency, experienced, and must demonstrate a high level of ethics, professionalism and proficiency.
Tax Net Inc, the parent company for all CPA Moms, Tax Moms and Enrolled Moms, developed the marketing and on-line systems to help qualified Tax Professionals who "choose" work from their “relaxed” environment and offer better service at a lower price to the consumer.
Since the “Moms” do taxes and accounting of all complexities, there is always a Mom available for every level of work. Since each Mom has a private 800 number, you are just a phone call away, regardless of where you live.
For reliability and dependability of Tax Net, Inc, the parent company of the “Moms” organization click on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) icon.

To Join CPA Moms

Click for accredited member's reliablility report.

Privacy Policy    About Us    Disclaimer    Copywrited 2005  - 2010 & Developed by  Tax Net Inc

Index of Articles about Ask a Tax Question - Late Filing Of Federal Taxes

What Other Authors say about Ask a Tax Question - Late Filing Of Federal Taxes

How And Where To Find Valuable Tax Information by Gray Rollins

Taxpayers have two options when filing a federal or state income tax return. Taxpayers can have their tax returns professionally prepared or they can prepare their own taxes. Whatever tax preparation option...

Making the Switch from IRA to Roth IRA by Barry Waxler

<p>There is also a type of IRA called the Roth IRA. This is also a retirement plan open to those whose income falls within the Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI). The Roth IRA does not have age...

how to compute tax withholding amount by Steven Chang

Having the correct tax withheld for the year is important for a couple of reasons. Having too little taxes withheld and most likely you will need to pay taxes, and having too much withheld means that you...

Why Do We Pay Taxes? by Carl LaFresnaye

As Benjamin Franklin famously said, nothing is certain except death and taxes. But where do taxes come from, and do we really need them? A History of Taxes The first recorded use of taxation was...

Income Tax Help by LeeAnna

There are many websites on the Internet today that gives much needed income tax help for those who have no idea of what's going on during tax time. Income tax is a tax paid on income, unfortunately no...

In the articles shown above on this web site you will find information that has been collected from many independent sources. Each article or item may offers a different point of view, but not necessary that of the CPA Mom's. This information is for general information only.