Ask a Tax Question - Delinquent Taxes
Tax This!: An Insider's Guide to Standing Up to the IRS
by Scott Estill

Tax This! An Insider's Guide to Standing Up to the IRS, is just that. It provides the insight of an insider that will help you stand up to the IRS in any situation. Little known facts and difficult to conceive strategies are revealed that will help any target of the IRS deal effectively with them or help prevent you from becoming their target.

Author Scott Estill discloses all the rights, which are many, that citizens have when confronted with a problem involving the IRS. He gives an insider's look at the culture, attitudes, and seemingly out of control bureaucracy that prevails inside the IRS and prepares you to deal with the IRS at that level also. His information is backed up by references to the Internal Revenue Code, Congressional Law, and established judicial decisions.

Tax This also provides clear examples of completed IRS forms, which are many and varied. Overall, this is an informative, easy read for someone like me with little knowledge of the IRS. It will hold your interest even if the IRS isn't breathing down your neck and may be invaluable if they are.


Ask a Tax Question - Delinquent Taxes -

Ask a CPA Mom your Tax Question FREE?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

Ask a Tax Question - Delinquent Taxes
  If you desire to ask a specific question feel free to contact us. 
Opinions are FREE.

Delinquent Taxes - What Happens if I Don't Pay the IRS?   
Neil Lemons

Depending on how much time has past, an individual will see hundreds; even of thousands of dollars owed in back taxes that were not originally assessed when first receiving a letter from IRS. Similar to a credit card company, penalties and interest can and will be applied.

Delinquent Income Tax Return Defined -
A delinquent income tax return is defined, in the eyes of the IRS and federal government as:

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Undergrad Scholarships For NRIs, PIOs (The Times Of India)
New Delhi has announced scholarships for the Indian diaspora for undergraduate studies in India during 2010-11.


Income tax return having a US mail postmark after April 15th, if an extension was not granted. If an extension was applied for and granted, a delinquent income tax return is defined as an income tax return with a US mail postmark after the due date of that extension.

Does the IRS Keep my Return Money if I am Late? -
After three years, yes. There is a statute of limitations, or certain period of time allowed, by the federal government applied to receiving income tax refund money for a given year. That is three years from the due date of the tax return, not January 1st.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Scholarships For NRIs, Persons Of Indian Origin (New Kerala)
Kuala Lumpur, March 10: New Delhi has announced scholarships for the Indian diaspora for undergraduate studies in India during 2010-11.


Just think, you could have money owed to you that you could apply toward your IRS tax debt if you have not filed.

Tax Return Stature of Limitations Example -
For example this is 2007, if your unextended delinquent income tax return for 2003 is fixed this year, you must do so before April 15th, 2007 to receive any refund from the IRS.

After that date, the government legally does not have to pay any refund owed even if it is thousands of dollars. If you mail or the return after the third anniversary date, the IRS will keep your refund check.

Delinquent Tax Penalties & Interest -
If you owe tax from the year's income, you could possibly be subjected to several penalties on the amount due. The failure to file penalty assesses a 5% charge on the amount due each, up to a maximum amount of 25%.

The failure-to-pay penalty equals one-half of 1% of the amount owed per month, maxing out at 25% as well. You will be charged interest on an unpaid balance at the prevailing rate (varies month-to-month).

You may be subjected to a penalty for not paying sufficient estimated taxes. There are several other penalties that may also apply.

If you have not filed and have not heard from the IRS, it is only a matter of time, even if you have not heard from them in years. They will contact you and find a way to collect.

How the IRS will Settle Delinquent Taxes by Force -
If none of these previously mentioned options above are arranged, some of the enforced collections measures the IRS can use, but are not limited to:

- Wage attachments
- Bank Account Levies
- Seizures of property
- Referrals to a private collection agency
- License or permit revocations
- Corporate responsible person assessments

Do not let the IRS scare you into signing an agreement that demands high dollar tax payments that you can not afford. Let a tax professional with years experience working with the IRS help you.

Neil Lemons represents Allied Tax Solutions, a 30 year leader in IRS tax help & tax relief solutions. For more information or a free consultation visit

Who are the CPA Moms?      Your Tax Professional Forever!!!!

“CPA Moms - Tax Moms - EA Moms" are trade names given to Accounting and Tax Professionals who chose to work in an “relaxed” environment. Some "Moms" work from home, other work from personal offices. Not all are Moms, there are some Dads. We call them Mr. Tax Moms. CPA Dads or Enrolled Agents Dads.
Each Mom is independent. Once a client starts working with a Mom, the client will keep the same “Mom” year after year regardless of where the client moves or relocates. Being in a “relaxed” environment has many advantages. Lower overhead, faster response time, more availability, etc.
To be a member a CPA Mom, Tax Moms, or an Erolled Moms the Tax Professional must ALWAYS be in good standing with their state licensing agency, experienced, and must demonstrate a high level of ethics, professionalism and proficiency.
Tax Net Inc, the parent company for all CPA Moms, Tax Moms and Enrolled Moms, developed the marketing and on-line systems to help qualified Tax Professionals who "choose" work from their “relaxed” environment and offer better service at a lower price to the consumer.
Since the “Moms” do taxes and accounting of all complexities, there is always a Mom available for every level of work. Since each Mom has a private 800 number, you are just a phone call away, regardless of where you live.
For reliability and dependability of Tax Net, Inc, the parent company of the “Moms” organization click on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) icon.

To Join CPA Moms

Click for accredited member's reliablility report.

Privacy Policy    About Us    Disclaimer    Copywrited 2005  - 2010 & Developed by  Tax Net Inc

Index of Articles about Ask a Tax Question - Delinquent Taxes

What Other Authors say about Ask a Tax Question - Delinquent Taxes

Use Tax Credits To Help Finance Your College Education by P. Nash

Students are always on the lookout for ways to help pay or offset the cost of their tuition. There are various government grants and scholarships available to you if you qualify. But what if you don't...

Filing An Income Tax Return by Gray Rollins

When the month of April rolls around most of America is preparing their income tax returns. Each year all individuals who made an income are required to report that income to federal and state governments...

How to Deal with C Corporation Tax by Nick Braun EA PhD

<p>The difference between C corporations and all the other entities is that C corps pay their own tax â€" they are not pass-through entities. <p>The corporation pays corporate income...

When To Use A Tax Attorney by Carl LaFresnaye

While most people would not require the use of a tax attorney, those who own their own businesses or who have a multitude of assets are wise to consult a tax attorney. In addition to the accountant that...

Advice For Using Free Tax Forms by Carl LaFresnaye

There are many different avenues that can be used to obtain free tax forms from the government. There are usually free tax forms that can be found at the local libraries during tax season. There are...

A Partial List Of Tax Deductibles by Carl LaFresnaye

The list of tax deductibles allowed by the IRS is so long and complicated that nobody seems to know exactly how many there are. Even Jeff A Schnepper's book How To Pay Zero Taxes, which is actually subtitled...

In the articles shown above on this web site you will find information that has been collected from many independent sources. Each article or item may offers a different point of view, but not necessary that of the CPA Mom's. This information is for general information only.