Ask a Tax Question - Tax Invoice
Tax This!: An Insider's Guide to Standing Up to the IRS
by Scott Estill

Tax This! An Insider's Guide to Standing Up to the IRS, is just that. It provides the insight of an insider that will help you stand up to the IRS in any situation. Little known facts and difficult to conceive strategies are revealed that will help any target of the IRS deal effectively with them or help prevent you from becoming their target.

Author Scott Estill discloses all the rights, which are many, that citizens have when confronted with a problem involving the IRS. He gives an insider's look at the culture, attitudes, and seemingly out of control bureaucracy that prevails inside the IRS and prepares you to deal with the IRS at that level also. His information is backed up by references to the Internal Revenue Code, Congressional Law, and established judicial decisions.

Tax This also provides clear examples of completed IRS forms, which are many and varied. Overall, this is an informative, easy read for someone like me with little knowledge of the IRS. It will hold your interest even if the IRS isn't breathing down your neck and may be invaluable if they are.


Ask a Tax Question - Tax Invoice -

Ask a CPA Mom your Tax Question FREE?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

Ask a Tax Question - Tax Invoice
  If you desire to ask a specific question feel free to contact us. 
Opinions are FREE.

Tax Invoice   
Max Plata

A tax invoice is a legal document that offers a look at what the GST is for a transaction.

Read on to learn about your obligations for issuing, holding, and supplying the different types of tax invoices.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Indian Government Offers Scholarships For Undergraduate Courses (AsiaOne)
Malaysia, KUALA LUMPUR: The Indian government is giving out scholarships to children of Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) for undergraduate professional and general courses...


You can easily learn what the general requirements are for keeping tax invoices and what you can do if you receive a tax invoice too late to claim a GST credit, as well as what the requirements are for issuing tax invoices that are specific to the value of the supplies, and how you can issue duplicate tax invoices.

It is generally true that in order to claim a GST credit for a supply of more than $50, including GST, you must hold a tax invoice.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Undergrad Scholarships For NRIs, PIOs (The Times Of India)
New Delhi has announced scholarships for the Indian diaspora for undergraduate studies in India during 2010-11.


When you supply goods and/or services to another person who is registered, you must be able to provide a tax invoice within 28 days when the purchaser asks you for one. You could be charged with penalties if you do not supply the purchaser with a tax invoice after such a request is made.

For claims on supplies that are worth $50 or more, you must hold a tax invoice in order to claim a credit. You cannot claim your credit if you do not hold a tax invoice.

This means that you cannot claim a credit for a purchase when your return is due if you do not hold a tax invoice. If this should happen, there is something you can do. You can claim a credit for the purchase in a later return when you actually do receive and hold the tax invoice.

For supplies of $50 or less, including GST, a tax invoice is not needed. It is suggested, however, that you do keep a record of such things as invoices, vouchers, and/or receipts for these purchases. Minimally, you should at least keep a record of the date, description of the supply, the cost, and also the name of the supplier.

When dealing with supplies with a worth of $1,000 or more, including GST, the tax invoice must clearly display several facts. These include the words 'tax invoice' in a prominent place, the name, or trade name, and GST number of the supplier, the name and address of the supply's recipient, the date it was issued, a description of the goods and/or services that was supplied, and also the quantity, or volume, of the goods and/or services that was supplied.

The tax invoice must also include the amount, excluding tax, that was charged for the supply, the GST content, and also the total amount that was payable for the supply. If you don't have this information, it must include a statement that the GST, if it has been, is included in the final price.

If the tax invoice covers multiple supplies that add up to a total over $1,000, then all the details listed above are required.

For supplies that are valued between $50 and $1,000, including GST, a simplified tax invoice is acceptable.

This type of tax invoice must clearly show the words 'tax invoice' in a prominent place, the name and GST number of the supplier, the date that it was issue, as description of the goods and/or services that were supplied, and the total amount that is payable for the supply, as well as a statement that the GST is included.

A tax invoiced is not required for supplies that total $50 or less, including GST.

There cannot be duplicate tax invoices. A registered person is only allowed to issue one original tax invoice for each taxable supply. However, if a purchaser loses an invoice, then the supplier may issue a copy that must clearly be marked 'copy only' right on it.

Invoices: Resources and Information about it

Who are the CPA Moms?      Your Tax Professional Forever!!!!

“CPA Moms - Tax Moms - EA Moms" are trade names given to Accounting and Tax Professionals who chose to work in an “relaxed” environment. Some "Moms" work from home, other work from personal offices. Not all are Moms, there are some Dads. We call them Mr. Tax Moms. CPA Dads or Enrolled Agents Dads.
Each Mom is independent. Once a client starts working with a Mom, the client will keep the same “Mom” year after year regardless of where the client moves or relocates. Being in a “relaxed” environment has many advantages. Lower overhead, faster response time, more availability, etc.
To be a member a CPA Mom, Tax Moms, or an Erolled Moms the Tax Professional must ALWAYS be in good standing with their state licensing agency, experienced, and must demonstrate a high level of ethics, professionalism and proficiency.
Tax Net Inc, the parent company for all CPA Moms, Tax Moms and Enrolled Moms, developed the marketing and on-line systems to help qualified Tax Professionals who "choose" work from their “relaxed” environment and offer better service at a lower price to the consumer.
Since the “Moms” do taxes and accounting of all complexities, there is always a Mom available for every level of work. Since each Mom has a private 800 number, you are just a phone call away, regardless of where you live.
For reliability and dependability of Tax Net, Inc, the parent company of the “Moms” organization click on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) icon.

To Join CPA Moms

Click for accredited member's reliablility report.

Privacy Policy    About Us    Disclaimer    Copywrited 2005  - 2010 & Developed by  Tax Net Inc

Index of Articles about Ask a Tax Question - Tax Invoice

What Other Authors say about Ask a Tax Question - Tax Invoice

Income Tax Preparation: Do It Yourself ? by Gary Talbot

There is one hassle that we all have to deal with each and every year and that is doing our income tax preparation. There are really only two choices we have in this matter. You can either do it yourself,...

Tax Treatment for Coverdale IRAs by Tony Novak

A number of publications, including my own, have mistakenly reported over the past year that Coverdale IRAs, formerly known as Education IRAs, are tax deductible. Coverdale IRAs are not tax-deductible.Originally...

IRS Provides Foreclosure Tax Relief For Homeowners by Raynor James

As if a foreclosure on your home isn't bad enough, do you realize there could be dire tax consequences? Fortunately, the IRS is taking steps to mitigate much of the double disaster. Many have accused the...

Child Tax Credit by Tony Robinson

Now, here's a real savings to the individual taxpayer with children. The child tax credit is a direct tax credit that is available to provide credit to taxpayers with income below certain established levels....

About That Tax Rebate Check... by Carl LaFresnaye

You're getting a tax rebate check! Lucky you! I'm sure you're already planning how to spend it – who wouldn't? There are plenty of ways to spend it – and a lot of things you can do in the meantime, while...

Don't Forget About These Frequently Overlooked Tax Deductions by Gray Rollins

When an individual files their tax returns each year they are able to claim a number of tax deductions. Many times a tax deduction can reduce the amount of money that is owed to the Internal Revenue Service...

In the articles shown above on this web site you will find information that has been collected from many independent sources. Each article or item may offers a different point of view, but not necessary that of the CPA Mom's. This information is for general information only.