Ask a Tax Question - Tax Questions
Tax This!: An Insider's Guide to Standing Up to the IRS
by Scott Estill

Tax This! An Insider's Guide to Standing Up to the IRS, is just that. It provides the insight of an insider that will help you stand up to the IRS in any situation. Little known facts and difficult to conceive strategies are revealed that will help any target of the IRS deal effectively with them or help prevent you from becoming their target.

Author Scott Estill discloses all the rights, which are many, that citizens have when confronted with a problem involving the IRS. He gives an insider's look at the culture, attitudes, and seemingly out of control bureaucracy that prevails inside the IRS and prepares you to deal with the IRS at that level also. His information is backed up by references to the Internal Revenue Code, Congressional Law, and established judicial decisions.

Tax This also provides clear examples of completed IRS forms, which are many and varied. Overall, this is an informative, easy read for someone like me with little knowledge of the IRS. It will hold your interest even if the IRS isn't breathing down your neck and may be invaluable if they are.


Ask a Tax Question - Tax Questions -

Ask a CPA Mom your Tax Question FREE?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

Ask a Tax Question - Tax Questions
  If you desire to ask a specific question feel free to contact us. 
Opinions are FREE.

Where Can You Get Answers To Your Tax Questions?   
Carl LaFresnaye

Taxes are an unfortunate part of our lives.

But our tax money finances so many parts of our government, taxes are here to stay. It would be nice if taxes were cut and dried, easy to understand and easy to pay. But, generally speaking, that’s not the case. Many of us have tax questions. We need to know where to turn when we aren’t sure what we’re doing when we file our taxes. While it may be tempting to ask your co-worker, your neighbor, or your mother, the information or advice you get from them may not be accurate – unless they're a Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Tax Preparer. But there are other, more reliable sources of information available.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Scholarships Available (Community Press & Recorder)
Again this year the Madeira Woman's Club will award three scholarships this spring - two for high school seniors and one for an adult who is continuing his/her education.


Easiest Tax Questions

For your easiest tax questions, you can usually find the answer by reading the materials published by the Internal Revenue Service. Their publications can be found online, or can be requested by mail, or found at post offices, libraries, and other locations.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Ashland Community And Technical College Offers Fall Scholarships (The Ironton Tribune)
ASHLAND. Ky. — April 1 is the priority application deadline for fall 2010 scholarships at Ashland Community and ...


The Internal Revenue Service maintains a detailed site online. There, you can find and print all tax forms, along with the instruction booklets. (If you don't want to print them out, since many are very long, you can read them online.) The most common tax questions are answered in the answer base on their site. Check there first for the answer to your tax question.

More Complex Tax Questions

For questions affecting your taxes that are more tricky to answer, you can ask a certified tax professional. They are trained to prepare taxes and keep up-to-date on the changes in the tax code from year to year. Many times they will hold events where they answer anyones tax questions for free. Consider calling a local tax professional or two to ask when such an event is planned.

Tax Questions Before Taking Action

Some financial decisions will greatly affect your taxes. If you have a complicated question, like the effect of certain actions – buying or selling property, investments, dividends, etc., it might be best answered by a Certified Public Accountant experienced in tax preparation. Things that have to do with capital gains, which education credits to claim when, etc., are much more personal and may require an in depth look at your own situation.

Special Services

If you fit some specific groups, there are events available where tax preparers will help with your taxes for free or very low cost. Some of the groups that are often targeted for these special services are the elderly and recent immigrants who need help because of a lack of English ability. These events are publicized regularly from the beginning of a new year until tax day.

Going To The Tax Man

The Internal Revenue Service has a toll-free number that you can call to talk to I.R.S. Representatives who are specifically paid to answer tax questions. It is an option – though it is less useful on complex tax questions. If you call them, it is a good idea to also check with another source of information, like the suggestions above.

Who are the CPA Moms?      Your Tax Professional Forever!!!!

“CPA Moms - Tax Moms - EA Moms" are trade names given to Accounting and Tax Professionals who chose to work in an “relaxed” environment. Some "Moms" work from home, other work from personal offices. Not all are Moms, there are some Dads. We call them Mr. Tax Moms. CPA Dads or Enrolled Agents Dads.
Each Mom is independent. Once a client starts working with a Mom, the client will keep the same “Mom” year after year regardless of where the client moves or relocates. Being in a “relaxed” environment has many advantages. Lower overhead, faster response time, more availability, etc.
To be a member a CPA Mom, Tax Moms, or an Erolled Moms the Tax Professional must ALWAYS be in good standing with their state licensing agency, experienced, and must demonstrate a high level of ethics, professionalism and proficiency.
Tax Net Inc, the parent company for all CPA Moms, Tax Moms and Enrolled Moms, developed the marketing and on-line systems to help qualified Tax Professionals who "choose" work from their “relaxed” environment and offer better service at a lower price to the consumer.
Since the “Moms” do taxes and accounting of all complexities, there is always a Mom available for every level of work. Since each Mom has a private 800 number, you are just a phone call away, regardless of where you live.
For reliability and dependability of Tax Net, Inc, the parent company of the “Moms” organization click on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) icon.

To Join CPA Moms

Click for accredited member's reliablility report.

Privacy Policy    About Us    Disclaimer    Copywrited 2005  - 2010 & Developed by  Tax Net Inc

Index of Articles about Ask a Tax Question - Tax Questions

What Other Authors say about Ask a Tax Question - Tax Questions

Income Tax Software - The Best Ones On The Market by Mike Singh

There are several income tax software programs available on the market to help you complete your yearly taxes. These programs offer tax tips, checklists, and error checking messages to ensure that required...

Income Tax Preparation: Do It Yourself ? by Gary Talbot

There is one hassle that we all have to deal with each and every year and that is doing our income tax preparation. There are really only two choices we have in this matter. You can either do it yourself,...

Preparing Ahead For A Pleasant Tax Day by Carl LaFresnaye

How did you spend your last tax day? In line at a post office at almost midnight, dropping off your taxes? Dreading going on an extension again – knowing if you owe and don't pay it on time, there will...

Sources Of Free Tax Help by Carl LaFresnaye

Taxes are complicated! Everyone knows it – and most of us wish it were much more simple and easy to understand. But it isn't likely that the tax code will be simplified that much anytime soon – so we soldier...

Personal Income Tax Returns by Tony Robinson

Personal income tax, as we know it today, was originally enacted by Congressional law during the ratification of the sixteenth Amendment in 1913. Although we have experienced many changes to the system...

Use Tax Credits To Help Finance Your College Education by P. Nash

Students are always on the lookout for ways to help pay or offset the cost of their tuition. There are various government grants and scholarships available to you if you qualify. But what if you don't...

In the articles shown above on this web site you will find information that has been collected from many independent sources. Each article or item may offers a different point of view, but not necessary that of the CPA Mom's. This information is for general information only.