Online Tax Preparation


$7500 First Time Homeowner Tax Credit

Index of General Tax Articles

Index of More General Tax Articles

2009 Tax Calculators
Click for accredited member's reliablility report.CPA Moms are a member is good standing with the Better Business Bureau in Denver, Coloado - Click on BBB Logo for report
Tax Cash Today - Western Union
Index of Business Tax Articles

IRS will give your $7500 Down Payment?
2009 Tax FAQ
2009 Tax Tips Newsletter
Amended Previous Year's Tax Return
Moved? IRS may have your check
2009 E-File Benefits
2009 E-file FAQ
2009 Check your E-file Status
Single Moms & $2917 Refund
Lastest 2009 Tax News
2009 Tax Terms
2009 Tax Calendar

Homeowner Down Payment * $7500 First Time Homeowner Tax Credit   

Those who bought a main home recently or are considering buying one may qualify for the first-time homebuyer credit.

Normally, a taxpayer qualifies if she didn’t own a main home during the prior three years. This unique credit of up to $7,500 works much like a 15-year interest-free loan. It is available for a limited time only –– on homes bought from April 9, 2008, to June 30, 2009. It can be claimed on new Form 5405 and is repaid each year as an additional tax. Income limits and other special rules apply.


How To Avoid A Tom Daschle Tax Problem - New York Times
Sovereign SocietyHow to Avoid a Tom Daschle Tax ProblemNew York Times, United States - Feb 3, 2009Nancy Killefer, who was Mr. Obama’s nominee for chief White House performance officer,...
Senate Adds Tax Cut For New Car Buyers To Stimulus - The Associated Press
FOXNewsSenate adds tax cut for new car buyers to stimulusThe Associated Press - 9 hours agoWASHINGTON (AP) — Maybe a tax break cutting the cost of a new car by $1500 or more will lure customers...


The $7500 tax credit is available for first-time homebuyers only. The law defines a first-time homebuyer as a buyer who has not owned a home during the past 3 years. All US citizens who file taxes are eligible to participate in the program. First - time home buyers would receive a $7500 tax credit for the purchase of any home on or after April 9, 2008 and before July 1, 2009. To qualify the home buyer must actually close on the sale of the home during this period.

This credit is a refundable credit meaning that if you pay less than $7500 in federal income taxes, then the government will write you a check for the difference. For example, if you owe $5,000 in federal income taxes, you would pay nothing to the IRS and receive a $2,500 payment from the government. If you are due to receive a $1,000 tax refund from the government, your refund would grow to $8,500 ($1,000 plus $7,500 from the homebuyer tax credit). Buyers can take the tax credit on their 2008 or 2009 tax return. If you purchased the home in 2008, the tax credit is taken on your 2008 tax return. If you buy in 2009, you have the option of taking the credit on your 2008 or 2009 tax return. All homes, whether single-family, town homes or condominium apartments will qualify, provided the home will be used as a principal residence and the buyer has not owned a home in the prior three years. This also includes newly constructed homes.


Filing Taxes
Taxation In The United States - Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia
Tariffs were the largest source of federal revenue from the 1790s to the eve of World War I, until it was surpassed by income taxes. The first federal statutes imposing the legal ...


The tax credit essentially serves as an interest free loan to be paid back over 15 years. For example, a home buyer claiming a $7,500 credit would repay the credit at $502.00 per year. However, the buyer does not have to start re-paying the credit until two years after the tax year in which the credit is claimed. If the homeowner sold the home, then the remaining credit would be due from the profit of the sale of the home. If there was insufficient profit, then the remaining credit payback would be forgiven.

Home buyers who file as single or head-of-household taxpayers can claim the full $7,500 credit if their modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) is less than $75,000. Between $75,000 and $95,000 they are eligible for a partial tax credit. Married couples who earn between $150,000 and $170,000 are eligible to receive a partial tax credit. The credit is not available for single taxpayers whose MAGI is greater than $95,000 and married couples with a MAGI that exceeds $170,000

Online Tax Preparation

General Articles about Taxes

Getting a Tax Credit for Your Kids by Richard A. Chapo

As you know, raising a family is a full time job and can put stress on your finances. Fortunately, you can claim a tax credit to help cut your IRS bill if you have kids.Getting a Tax Credit for Your KidsWith...

Use Child Tax Credit for Tax Savings by Keith Hoyng

Now, here's a real tax savings to the individual taxpayer with dependents. The child tax credit is a direct federal income tax credit based on the number of dependent children in your family. This federal...

Small Business Tax Credit - Americans with Disabilities Act by Richard A. Chapo

Many small businesses complain when confronted with the expense of complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Most do not realize that there are a number of tax incentives available to offset...

Understanding the Recovery Rebate Credit by

The Internal Revenue Service warns that many taxpayers are mistakenly trying to double-dip on last years federal tax rebate when they file their tax returns this year -- and the IRS is catching the errors. A...

California State Controller announces delay for tax refunds by

Due to the state's persistent cash and budget problems, the State Controller announced on Friday, January 16, 2009 that he will have to delay refunds for 30 days starting February 1, 2009 for Personal...

Business Tax Articles of Interest

Commercial Lender Secures 100% financing for Apartment Complex by Sam Jackson

Linda Hogan, a loan officer with Rogers Funds LLC , Commercial Lender , has announced that the firm recently closed $15,500,000 in Commercial mortgage financing for an apartment complex in Boston, MA....

LLC vs S Corporation: Which is Better? by Stephen L. Nelson, CPA

"S Corporation or LLC?" is a common question for new business owners. I have several people call me each week asking this.I always tell them the question is impossible to answer. And here's why. An LLC...

Can Your LLC Elect S Corporation Tax Status by Robert Montgomery

Yes, an LLC can be taxed similar to an S corporation. You may be wondering, why would you even want this type of tax treament? Read on and I'll explain.Owners or members of an LLC have the option to choose...

Should You Form a Nevada LLC? by Simon Maher

The short answer is yes...if your business is located in Nevada. Otherwise, your best bet is to form your business entity in the state where your business operates.There many myths about forming Nevada...

CenterPoint-Solutions, LLC Partners With Greystone.Net, Inc. by Patty Briguglio

CenterPoint-Solutions, LLC is pleased to announce the firms alliance with Greysone.Net, Inc. of Georgia, an organization that provides Internet and World Wide Web solutions and services for healthcare...

California Limited Liability Company - An Overview by Richard A. Chapo

Many people are surprised to learn that the LLC business entity is a fairly recent phenomenon. Wyoming was the first state to legislate the creation of LLCs in 1977. Most states didn't jump on the LLC...

Disclaimer: The links, articles, news items give you information that has been collected from many independent sources.

The articles, links or news items are for general information only. Their appearance on the web site does not mean the article, link or news is endorsed by the owner of the web site. Use this information at your own risk.

Recovery Rebate Credit
Single Moms get $2917?
California too Broke to Give Tax Refund?
Tax Cash From Western Union
$7500 Homeowner Down Payment
Alimony Deductions
Day Care Deductions
Moving Deductions
Contribution Deductions
Job Hunting Deduction
Education Deductions
Adoption Deductions
Medical Deductions
Mileage Deductions
Car Donation Deductions
Bad Debt Right Off
Hybrid Cars Deductions
Educator Deductions
Adoption Deductions
CPA Moms Master Index
Overview - Type of Business Entities
Sole Proprietors
S Corporations
How to Incorporate
Incorporating in California
Incorporating in Delaware
Incorporating in Nevada
C Corporations
LLC's - What is it?
Business Mileage Expenses
Office in Home
Business Deductions
Claiming Social Security Disability
Divorce & Taxes
Offer in Compromise
Installment Payment for Taxes
Credit Reports
Social Security
Deliquent Tax Returns
Back Taxes
Retirement Planning
Self Directed IRAs
Roth IRA
Traditional IRA
Iniherited IRA
Reverse Mortgage
Roth 401k
Borrowing from your IRA
Estate Planning
Social Security Benefits
Retirement Planning
Day Trading
Tax Preparation
Electronic Filing
Incorporating Services
Representation before IRS
Non Profit Services
Sale of Residence
Sale of Rental Property
1031 Exchange
Real Estate IRA
Refinance your Home
Trucker's Accounting
CPA Letter



Privacy Policy
......... About Us  ......  Disclaimer ..... Copywrited 2005 - 2009 & Developed by  Tax Net Inc