Disclaimer - Delinquent Taxes

Disclaimer -

Ask a CPA Mom your Tax Question FREE?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

  If you desire to ask a specific question feel free to contact us. 
Opinions are FREE.

Disclaimer * Delinquent Taxes

Delinquent Taxes - What Happens if I Don't Pay the IRS?   
Neil Lemons

Depending on how much time has past, an individual will see hundreds; even of thousands of dollars owed in back taxes that were not originally assessed when first receiving a letter from IRS. Similar to a credit card company, penalties and interest can and will be applied.

Delinquent Income Tax Return Defined -
A delinquent income tax return is defined, in the eyes of the IRS and federal government as:

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Actor Gets Deferred Plea In Tax Evasion Case (Honolulu Advertiser)
Comedian and actor Rodney Villanueva, 55, avoided prison time when a judge on Monday accepted his deferred plea in a state tax evasion case.


Income tax return having a US mail postmark after April 15th, if an extension was not granted. If an extension was applied for and granted, a delinquent income tax return is defined as an income tax return with a US mail postmark after the due date of that extension.

Does the IRS Keep my Return Money if I am Late? -
After three years, yes. There is a statute of limitations, or certain period of time allowed, by the federal government applied to receiving income tax refund money for a given year. That is three years from the due date of the tax return, not January 1st.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Free Tax Return Service In Federal Way (Federal Way Mirror)
Free tax service runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays (last appointment will be at 3 p.m.) at 320th Library, 848 S. 320th St., call (253) 839-0257. St. Luke's Church: 5:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays at 515 S. 312th...


Just think, you could have money owed to you that you could apply toward your IRS tax debt if you have not filed.

Tax Return Stature of Limitations Example -
For example this is 2007, if your unextended delinquent income tax return for 2003 is fixed this year, you must do so before April 15th, 2007 to receive any refund from the IRS.

After that date, the government legally does not have to pay any refund owed even if it is thousands of dollars. If you mail or the return after the third anniversary date, the IRS will keep your refund check.

Delinquent Tax Penalties & Interest -
If you owe tax from the year's income, you could possibly be subjected to several penalties on the amount due. The failure to file penalty assesses a 5% charge on the amount due each, up to a maximum amount of 25%.

The failure-to-pay penalty equals one-half of 1% of the amount owed per month, maxing out at 25% as well. You will be charged interest on an unpaid balance at the prevailing rate (varies month-to-month).

You may be subjected to a penalty for not paying sufficient estimated taxes. There are several other penalties that may also apply.

If you have not filed and have not heard from the IRS, it is only a matter of time, even if you have not heard from them in years. They will contact you and find a way to collect.

How the IRS will Settle Delinquent Taxes by Force -
If none of these previously mentioned options above are arranged, some of the enforced collections measures the IRS can use, but are not limited to:

- Wage attachments
- Bank Account Levies
- Seizures of property
- Referrals to a private collection agency
- License or permit revocations
- Corporate responsible person assessments

Do not let the IRS scare you into signing an agreement that demands high dollar tax payments that you can not afford. Let a tax professional with years experience working with the IRS help you.

Neil Lemons represents Allied Tax Solutions, a 30 year leader in IRS tax help & tax relief solutions. For more information or a free consultation visit http://www.alliedtaxsolutions.com.

Who are the CPA Moms?      Your Tax Professional Forever!!!!

“CPA Moms - Tax Moms - EA Moms" are trade names given to Accounting and Tax Professionals who chose to work in an “relaxed” environment. Some "Moms" work from home, other work from personal offices. Not all are Moms, there are some Dads. We call them Mr. Tax Moms. CPA Dads or Enrolled Agents Dads.
Each Mom is independent. Once a client starts working with a Mom, the client will keep the same “Mom” year after year regardless of where the client moves or relocates. Being in a “relaxed” environment has many advantages. Lower overhead, faster response time, more availability, etc.
To be a member a CPA Mom, Tax Moms, or an Enrolled Agent Moms the Tax Professional must ALWAYS be in good standing with their state licensing agency, experienced, and must demonstrate a high level of ethics, professionalism and proficiency.
Tax Net Inc, the parent company for all CPA Moms, Tax Moms and Enrolled Agent Moms, developed the marketing and on-line systems to help qualified Tax Professionals who "choose" work from their “relaxed” environment and offer better service at a lower price to the consumer.
Since the “Moms” do taxes and accounting of all complexities, there is always a Mom available for every level of work. Since each Mom has a private 800 number, you are just a phone call away, regardless of where you live.
For reliability and dependability of Tax Net, Inc, the parent company of the “Moms” organization click on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) icon.

To Join CPA Moms

Click for accredited member's reliablility report.

Privacy Policy    About Us    Disclaimer    Copywrited 2005  - 2010 & Developed by  Tax Net Inc

Index of Articles about Taxes

What Other Authors say about Taxes

Need a Copy of Your Tax Return Information? by Richard A. Chapo

Taxpayers have two easy and convenient options for getting copies of their federal tax return information. Tax return transcripts and tax account transcripts -- by phone or by mail.A tax return transcript...

Utilizing Tax Tips by Carl LaFresnaye

Tax tips can be found from a variety of different sources, but individuals must be careful to determine whether those sources are professional and legitimate or if they are from average people who are...

Knowing The Benefits And Burdens Under Federal Income Tax Principles by Carl LaFresnaye

There are many different benefits and also burdens that individuals can have under federal income tax principals. It is important for individuals to consult some sort of professional advice when doing...

Filing An Income Tax Return by Gray Rollins

When the month of April rolls around most of America is preparing their income tax returns. Each year all individuals who made an income are required to report that income to federal and state governments...

Tax Preparation and Electronic Tax Preparation Options by Amber Lowery

Just in time for tax season you will find yourself presented with this years editions of popular tax preparation programs that promise to make tax filing a breeze for the average person. Which one is right...

In the articles shown above on this web site you will find information that has been collected from many independent sources. Each article or item may offers a different point of view, but not necessary that of the CPA Mom's. This information is for general information only.