Disclaimer - How Much Money Do You Have To Make To File Taxes

Disclaimer -

Ask a CPA Mom your Tax Question FREE?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

  If you desire to ask a specific question feel free to contact us. 
Opinions are FREE.

Disclaimer * How Much Money Do You Have To Make To File Taxes

Finding Out How Much Money Do You Have To Make To File Taxes?   
Carl LaFresnaye

There are many people who wonder if they really have to file taxes since they do not make very much money.

Since taxes are so dreaded by most people, answering the question of how much money a person has to make to file taxes is an important one and is not answered in a single number. The number depends on different factors about the person's life, such as how old they are, whether they are single or married, whether they have any children, and whether they are widowed or retired. All of these factors play into the amount of money a person has to make to file taxes.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

School Board Supporting Sales Tax Increase (The Jacksonville Daily News)
The Onslow Board of Education is supporting the local sales tax option. Its members deferred consideration of a resolution endorsing the quarter percent sales tax hike referendum, which will appear before...



Aa person is single and under the age of sixty five years old, the individual must have made at least $8750 in order to have to file taxes for that year. If the person is over the age of sixty five before the end of the tax year, then the person will have had to make at least $10,050 in order to have to file taxes. These numbers are based on the amounts that were required for filing a 2007 tax return and will have changed slightly on the 2008 tax return, the information for which will be released in January of 2009 according to the IRS website.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Council Tax Down - But Not By Much (Romford Recorder)
HARD-pressed residents are in line for the first council tax cut in more than 15 years. Tory-controlled Havering Council voted to reduce payments by 0.4 per-cent - but dismissed plans to save even more...


When a person is married or living together with another person, and they are both under the age of sixty-five, the amount of money required to file taxes is $17,500 for filing a joint return. If one spouse is over sixty-five the number rises to $18,550, and if both are over sixty-five then it is $19,600. If they are filing a separate return at any age then the amount is $3400. If the couple is living apart at the end of 2007, then the amount is $3400 for filing a joint or a separate return.

If the individual is a head of household that has a child or relative in it, then the amount of money to file taxes is $11,250 if the head of household is under sixty-five. If they are over sixty-five then the amount is $12,550. If the person is widowed and he or she has a dependant child then the amount is $14,100 if they are under sixty-five and $15,150 if they are over sixty-five years of age. It is always important to double check these numbers with an accounting office to make sure the tax brackets have not changed for the year of 2008, as well as any other stipulations that the individual might need to be aware of in knowing how much money he has to make to file taxes.

Who are the CPA Moms?      Your Tax Professional Forever!!!!

“CPA Moms - Tax Moms - EA Moms" are trade names given to Accounting and Tax Professionals who chose to work in an “relaxed” environment. Some "Moms" work from home, other work from personal offices. Not all are Moms, there are some Dads. We call them Mr. Tax Moms. CPA Dads or Enrolled Agents Dads.
Each Mom is independent. Once a client starts working with a Mom, the client will keep the same “Mom” year after year regardless of where the client moves or relocates. Being in a “relaxed” environment has many advantages. Lower overhead, faster response time, more availability, etc.
To be a member a CPA Mom, Tax Moms, or an Enrolled Agent Moms the Tax Professional must ALWAYS be in good standing with their state licensing agency, experienced, and must demonstrate a high level of ethics, professionalism and proficiency.
Tax Net Inc, the parent company for all CPA Moms, Tax Moms and Enrolled Agent Moms, developed the marketing and on-line systems to help qualified Tax Professionals who "choose" work from their “relaxed” environment and offer better service at a lower price to the consumer.
Since the “Moms” do taxes and accounting of all complexities, there is always a Mom available for every level of work. Since each Mom has a private 800 number, you are just a phone call away, regardless of where you live.
For reliability and dependability of Tax Net, Inc, the parent company of the “Moms” organization click on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) icon.

To Join CPA Moms

Click for accredited member's reliablility report.

Privacy Policy    About Us    Disclaimer    Copywrited 2005  - 2010 & Developed by  Tax Net Inc

Index of Articles about Taxes

What Other Authors say about Taxes

Tips For Preparing Your Taxes from the Internet by Cal Golden

When it comes to preparing our taxes, many of us could use some help. The following websites offer guidance and information that may assist you in learning about how to get the most out of filing your...

Delinquent Taxes - What Happens if I Don't Pay the IRS? by Neil Lemons

Depending on how much time has past, an individual will see hundreds; even of thousands of dollars owed in back taxes that were not originally assessed when first receiving a letter from IRS. Similar to...

Tax Credit for Going Solar by Rick Chapo

As we sit in the middle of winter, most people can't believe how high their utility bills are. Going with solar energy can lower your bills and you get a hefty tax creditSolar Tax CreditSolar energy is...

Finding Free Printable Tax Forms by Carl LaFresnaye

If an individual decides to do his own taxes, there are many different avenues where he can find free printable tax forms for his use. There are websites that provide these forms to individuals at no...

YEAR END TAX PLANNING AND PREPARATION FOR INDIVIDUALS - Tax Tips for 2004 including new tax relief due to the Working Families Tax Relief Act of 2004 by Dianne Goodman, CPA

Now is the best time to start thinking about your year end tax planning. These tax strategies can be put into effect by the end of the year and some as late as when the tax return is due. Planning now...

Filing An Income Tax Return by Gray Rollins

When the month of April rolls around most of America is preparing their income tax returns. Each year all individuals who made an income are required to report that income to federal and state governments...

In the articles shown above on this web site you will find information that has been collected from many independent sources. Each article or item may offers a different point of view, but not necessary that of the CPA Mom's. This information is for general information only.