Disclaimer - Tax Invoice

Disclaimer -

Ask a CPA Mom your Tax Question FREE?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

  If you desire to ask a specific question feel free to contact us. 
Opinions are FREE.

Disclaimer * Tax Invoice

Tax Invoice   
Max Plata

A tax invoice is a legal document that offers a look at what the GST is for a transaction.

Read on to learn about your obligations for issuing, holding, and supplying the different types of tax invoices.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Tax Deferral Law Signed (WCSH 6 Portland)
AUGUSTA , Maine (AP) -- Gov. John Baldacci has signed into law a bill that allows towns and cities to establish a property tax deferral program for eligible senior citizens.


You can easily learn what the general requirements are for keeping tax invoices and what you can do if you receive a tax invoice too late to claim a GST credit, as well as what the requirements are for issuing tax invoices that are specific to the value of the supplies, and how you can issue duplicate tax invoices.

It is generally true that in order to claim a GST credit for a supply of more than $50, including GST, you must hold a tax invoice.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

For Monmouth County Couple, Cash Flow Looks Good, But Extra Insurance May Come In Handy (The Star-Ledger)
Mina, 61, is retired and already collecting her pension. Her husband Jerry, 62, is almost there. They’re not sure how to determine which of Jerry’s pension options would be the best for...


When you supply goods and/or services to another person who is registered, you must be able to provide a tax invoice within 28 days when the purchaser asks you for one. You could be charged with penalties if you do not supply the purchaser with a tax invoice after such a request is made.

For claims on supplies that are worth $50 or more, you must hold a tax invoice in order to claim a credit. You cannot claim your credit if you do not hold a tax invoice.

This means that you cannot claim a credit for a purchase when your return is due if you do not hold a tax invoice. If this should happen, there is something you can do. You can claim a credit for the purchase in a later return when you actually do receive and hold the tax invoice.

For supplies of $50 or less, including GST, a tax invoice is not needed. It is suggested, however, that you do keep a record of such things as invoices, vouchers, and/or receipts for these purchases. Minimally, you should at least keep a record of the date, description of the supply, the cost, and also the name of the supplier.

When dealing with supplies with a worth of $1,000 or more, including GST, the tax invoice must clearly display several facts. These include the words 'tax invoice' in a prominent place, the name, or trade name, and GST number of the supplier, the name and address of the supply's recipient, the date it was issued, a description of the goods and/or services that was supplied, and also the quantity, or volume, of the goods and/or services that was supplied.

The tax invoice must also include the amount, excluding tax, that was charged for the supply, the GST content, and also the total amount that was payable for the supply. If you don't have this information, it must include a statement that the GST, if it has been, is included in the final price.

If the tax invoice covers multiple supplies that add up to a total over $1,000, then all the details listed above are required.

For supplies that are valued between $50 and $1,000, including GST, a simplified tax invoice is acceptable.

This type of tax invoice must clearly show the words 'tax invoice' in a prominent place, the name and GST number of the supplier, the date that it was issue, as description of the goods and/or services that were supplied, and the total amount that is payable for the supply, as well as a statement that the GST is included.

A tax invoiced is not required for supplies that total $50 or less, including GST.

There cannot be duplicate tax invoices. A registered person is only allowed to issue one original tax invoice for each taxable supply. However, if a purchaser loses an invoice, then the supplier may issue a copy that must clearly be marked 'copy only' right on it.

Invoices: Resources and Information about it

Who are the CPA Moms?      Your Tax Professional Forever!!!!

“CPA Moms - Tax Moms - EA Moms" are trade names given to Accounting and Tax Professionals who chose to work in an “relaxed” environment. Some "Moms" work from home, other work from personal offices. Not all are Moms, there are some Dads. We call them Mr. Tax Moms. CPA Dads or Enrolled Agents Dads.
Each Mom is independent. Once a client starts working with a Mom, the client will keep the same “Mom” year after year regardless of where the client moves or relocates. Being in a “relaxed” environment has many advantages. Lower overhead, faster response time, more availability, etc.
To be a member a CPA Mom, Tax Moms, or an Enrolled Agent Moms the Tax Professional must ALWAYS be in good standing with their state licensing agency, experienced, and must demonstrate a high level of ethics, professionalism and proficiency.
Tax Net Inc, the parent company for all CPA Moms, Tax Moms and Enrolled Agent Moms, developed the marketing and on-line systems to help qualified Tax Professionals who "choose" work from their “relaxed” environment and offer better service at a lower price to the consumer.
Since the “Moms” do taxes and accounting of all complexities, there is always a Mom available for every level of work. Since each Mom has a private 800 number, you are just a phone call away, regardless of where you live.
For reliability and dependability of Tax Net, Inc, the parent company of the “Moms” organization click on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) icon.

To Join CPA Moms

Click for accredited member's reliablility report.

Privacy Policy    About Us    Disclaimer    Copywrited 2005  - 2010 & Developed by  Tax Net Inc

Index of Articles about Taxes

What Other Authors say about Taxes

How To Prepare Your Income Tax Return by Don Kransteuber

The first step in your income tax preparation is to work out your total income. A person's total income includes many kinds of receipts such as wages, interest, alimony, lottery winnings and many more....

Tax Accounting by Sumit Sehghal

Accounting is the recording, interpretation and reporting of financial transactions. Each and every business must keep proper record of all such transactions. There are several branches of accounting such...

Delinquent Taxes - What Happens if I Don't Pay the IRS? by Neil Lemons

Depending on how much time has past, an individual will see hundreds; even of thousands of dollars owed in back taxes that were not originally assessed when first receiving a letter from IRS. Similar to...

Use Tax Credits To Help Finance Your College Education by P. Nash

Students are always on the lookout for ways to help pay or offset the cost of their tuition. There are various government grants and scholarships available to you if you qualify. But what if you don't...

The Role Of A Tax Collector by Michael Sneed

The County Tax Collector is as independent government agency and is elected for a four-year term in the Presidential election year. It is essential that a County Tax Collector is independent to ensure...

Use Child Tax Credit for Tax Savings by Keith Hoyng

Now, here's a real tax savings to the individual taxpayer with dependents. The child tax credit is a direct federal income tax credit based on the number of dependent children in your family. This federal...

Checking The Status Of Your Federal Tax Refund by Carl LaFresnaye

You've completed your taxes and were delighted to discover you will get a tax refund! Regardless of whether it is large or small, you want it – and you want it now! You can start planning how you will...

Getting Tax Help From The IRS by Carl LaFresnaye

They say that the only things certain in life are death and taxes. Since we are all faced with filing our taxes year after year, it is pretty unavoidable. If you can afford to have a Certified Public...

In the articles shown above on this web site you will find information that has been collected from many independent sources. Each article or item may offers a different point of view, but not necessary that of the CPA Mom's. This information is for general information only.