Disclaimer - Inheritance Tax

Disclaimer -

Ask a CPA Mom your Tax Question FREE?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

  If you desire to ask a specific question feel free to contact us. 
Opinions are FREE.

Disclaimer * Inheritance Tax

What Is An Inheritance Tax And When Is It Applied?   
Gray Rollins

When an individual passes, on the federal government imposes an estate tax.

This estate tax only applies to estate properties that are over one million fifty thousand dollars. The federal government is still likely to tax an estate even if all or a portion of the estate is being handed down to other family members. Instead of imposing an estate tax in this situation, there many states that impose an inheritance tax.

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Forest Law Gives Out Tax Breaks - And Shuts Out Some From Using Land (Dunn County News)
MADISON — When a century-old sportsmen’s club moved last year to enter more than 8,200 acres of North Woods timberland into a state program aimed at promoting sustainable forestry, leaders...


An inheritance tax is also commonly referred to as a death tax because it is a tax that is imposed on all estate money and property after an estate owner passes away and leaves their estate or a portion of their estate to another person. States that currently collect a tax on inherited estate money or property are Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Oregon, New York, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, and Iowa. Since each state is likely to tax their residents differently, individuals need to research the inheritance tax laws in their state or hire the services of a professional tax attorney. There are also many state governments who regularly update their inheritance tax guidelines, and many states are even considering completely dropping the inheritance tax. This is why it is important for taxpayers or their tax attorneys to keep up-to-date on the latest inheritance tax information.

When the federal government imposes an estate tax the amount of taxes owed generally comes from some of the estate money left behind or the sale of estate property. The state taxing process of money or property that was inherited is a little bit different. States that have an inheritance tax require that the individual who receives the inheritance file and pay any taxes due on the money or property they inherited. This money does not come directly from an estate because it comes from the individual who received the inheritance. http://www.taxhelpdirectory.com/federaltax/

Article to continue below----------------------------------------------

Free Tax Return Service In Federal Way (Federal Way Mirror)
Free tax service runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays (last appointment will be at 3 p.m.) at 320th Library, 848 S. 320th St., call (253) 839-0257. St. Luke's Church: 5:30 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays at 515 S. 312th...


As previously mentioned, different states have different rules, guidelines, and restrictions surrounding an inheritance tax; however, there are several common circumstances that many states all consider. When an individual who has passed on leaves money or property to a close family member, the inheritance tax is likely to be lower than if the property was given to a friend or distant family member. Most states consider a close family member a mother, father, brother, sister, daughter, son, or spouse.

Individuals who are required to report an inheritance and pay a tax on it are required to fill out the necessary state forms. These forms can be obtained by contacting one of the state taxation offices. The phone numbers for these state offices can generally be found by doing an Internet search or by using the contact information from your last state tax return. It is also possible that the inheritance tax forms can be downloaded from the Internet. The majority of states that impose an inheritance tax have a tax website that may have a downloadable copy of the forms that can be printed, completed, and mailed in.

As with estate taxes and traditional state income taxes, there are a number of inheritance tax deductions that can lower the amount of tax money that an individual may owe on their inheritance. To determine these deductions individuals preparing their own inheritance gift tax forms are encouraged to fully read the form instruction booklet to determine what these exemptions are and if they qualify for them.

Gray Rollins is a featured writer for the TaxHelpDirectory.com. To learn more about the inheritance tax, and estate taxes, please visit our site.

Who are the CPA Moms?      Your Tax Professional Forever!!!!

“CPA Moms - Tax Moms - EA Moms" are trade names given to Accounting and Tax Professionals who chose to work in an “relaxed” environment. Some "Moms" work from home, other work from personal offices. Not all are Moms, there are some Dads. We call them Mr. Tax Moms. CPA Dads or Enrolled Agents Dads.
Each Mom is independent. Once a client starts working with a Mom, the client will keep the same “Mom” year after year regardless of where the client moves or relocates. Being in a “relaxed” environment has many advantages. Lower overhead, faster response time, more availability, etc.
To be a member a CPA Mom, Tax Moms, or an Enrolled Agent Moms the Tax Professional must ALWAYS be in good standing with their state licensing agency, experienced, and must demonstrate a high level of ethics, professionalism and proficiency.
Tax Net Inc, the parent company for all CPA Moms, Tax Moms and Enrolled Agent Moms, developed the marketing and on-line systems to help qualified Tax Professionals who "choose" work from their “relaxed” environment and offer better service at a lower price to the consumer.
Since the “Moms” do taxes and accounting of all complexities, there is always a Mom available for every level of work. Since each Mom has a private 800 number, you are just a phone call away, regardless of where you live.
For reliability and dependability of Tax Net, Inc, the parent company of the “Moms” organization click on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) icon.

To Join CPA Moms

Click for accredited member's reliablility report.

Privacy Policy    About Us    Disclaimer    Copywrited 2005  - 2010 & Developed by  Tax Net Inc

Index of Articles about Taxes

What Other Authors say about Taxes

Advice on Internal Revenue Service Audits by Roni Deutch

It is important to keep in mind that the IRS computer system selects the returns that are audited, not human employees. The computer system selects returns that are likely to yield the most money to the...

Filing An Income Tax Return by Gray Rollins

When the month of April rolls around most of America is preparing their income tax returns. Each year all individuals who made an income are required to report that income to federal and state governments...

Health Savings Accounts and Taxes by Kurt Stammberger

HSAs have a "triple" tax advantage from a federal tax standpoint. Individuals receive full tax advantages for HSAs on their Federal Income Tax return (or through a salary reduction program in certain employer-sponsored...

Sources Of Free Tax Help by Carl LaFresnaye

Taxes are complicated! Everyone knows it – and most of us wish it were much more simple and easy to understand. But it isn't likely that the tax code will be simplified that much anytime soon – so we soldier...

About That Tax Rebate Check... by Carl LaFresnaye

You're getting a tax rebate check! Lucky you! I'm sure you're already planning how to spend it – who wouldn't? There are plenty of ways to spend it – and a lot of things you can do in the meantime, while...

Unclaimed Tax Refunds: How To Claim Yours by Gray Rollins

When a taxpayer owes money on their taxes they need to pay the amount owed before the traditional April 15th deadline. If the amount owed on taxes is not paid before the deadline, then federal and state...

In the articles shown above on this web site you will find information that has been collected from many independent sources. Each article or item may offers a different point of view, but not necessary that of the CPA Mom's. This information is for general information only.