Tax Free Exchanges (Turn your speaker on and click on any of following questions)

Need Immediate Help - Call 877-800-1040 or email

Tax Deferred Exchange Home Page

1.  Can I exchange for property of less value?

2.  Do I have to exchange for the same type of property?

3.  Does the exchanges have to been done simultaneously?

4.  What is a QI?

5.  Will IRS audit a tax free exchange?

6.  Can I change the name on the title of the new property?

Private Annuity Trusts - Supercharge Your Retirement
Paula Straub

You have made some great investments in Real Estate or in a Stock Portfolio. Congratulations! Now you are ready to retire on your gains. But wait. To benefit from your investment appreciation, you're going to have to sell some or all of those assets.

If you sell your investment property, you will need to pay capital gains tax to the Federal Government, State, and you will also pay recaptured depreciation. If you're in California, add another 3 1/3% in withholding. That's a huge chunk of change, and a big blow to your savings.

If you sell your stocks, you'll be giving up at least 15% to capital gains. There is also no guarantee that the long term capital gains rate will remain at 15% forever. It could increase down the road.

How can you start receiving income but not get hit with huge amounts of tax?

For real property, there is a 1031 exchange into a tenant in common property. This works well for investors that don't want to manage property anymore, but still enjoy the benefits of real estate ownership. This is a subject covered in many of my previous articles.

There is another powerful concept. It's called a Private Annuity Trust. These trusts have been around since 1939, but until the last few years have primarily been used for Estate Planning purposes. The Private Annuity Trust also works extremely well for Retirement Planning. It is fairly complex to set up and administrate, so many financial planners, real estate brokers, CPAs and Attorneys still don't know much about them.

The procedure is basically this.

1. A Private Annuity Trust is established. You, the seller become the annuitant.

2. A fair market appraisal is done to determine property value.

3. The seller can negotiate a sale price at the appraised value.

4. The property is transferred to the trust and the trust is now the seller of the property and retains the proceeds.

5. The proceeds are invested by trustees (not the annuitant) and an arrangement is made to pay the annuitant (and perhaps their spouse) in monthly payments for the remainder of their lives. The capital gains tax is spread out over the course of your lifetime. If you pass away before your estimated average calculated life span, the remainder of the assets pass to the beneficiaries. The balance will be passed free of Estate Tax, Gift Tax, Generation skipping tax, and Transfer tax. Any capital gains tax still due will be paid before disbursement.

6. Other properties or stocks can be added to the trust at a later time, and recieve the same benefits.

As an example, let's say you have a million dollar gain on a property. You might very well owe 350K in taxes. With a Private Annuity Trust, all one million goes to work for you, and you can receive montyly income for the rest of your life. The exact amount is determined by your age and the time you choose to begin receiving your payments. You have the option to defer receiving payments until the age of 70 1/2. This allows the assets to grow compounding and tax deferred, and allows for greater income in the future.

The trust removes the assets from your estate, as the trust now owns them and the annuitant relinquishes control over how they are invested.

Setting up a Private Annuity Trust can definitely give a turbo boost to your retirement bottom line. Ask yourself, would you rather give a "gift" to the government in a big lump sum, or would you like to pay in small chunks and have the bulk of your profits working for you and earning compounded interest for years to come?

Paula Straub will guide you through the process of keeping your Capital Gains working for you and generating passive income. To receive your invitation to her free teleconference, visit Save Capital Gains Tax

Article Source:

Latest Tax Free News
Tax Free Articles
Additional Resources
Want to Join the Moms?
Questions for CPA Moms?

Death & Taxes

We have Information to Help You with Either

Got Question for about a Tax Free Exchange?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

Complete this form for Carl's Tax Tip on "How to get Tax Free Cash out a Tax Free Exchange"

E-mail Address: *
Your First Name *
Your City *
Your State *

* Required

More Information Less Taxes

Need Cash Quick?
   Same Day
   Next Day - 37,127 Locations
   Refund Anticipation Loan
   Earned Income Credit

Tax Deductions
     Day Care
     Medical & Dental
     Educator Expense
     Divorce & Alimony
     Donating Car to Charity

Personal Finance
   Retire Buying Tax Liens
   Borrowing from your 401k
   Your Credit Report
   Credit Repair
   Your Social Security
   Social Secuity Disability
   Indentity Thief
   Reverse Mortgages

Tax Preparation Specilities
 Truckers - Long Haul/Local

Where is my Refund?
   Electronic Filing

IRS want to give you:
    Earned Income Credit
    Adoption Credit

Business Expenses
    Office in Home
    Business Deductions

Latest News









Privacy Policy ......... About Us  ......  Disclaimer ..... Copywrited 2005 - 2006 & Developed by  Tax Moms