Tax Free Exchanges (Turn your speaker on and click on any of following questions)

Need Immediate Help - Call 877-800-1040 or email

Tax Deferred Exchange Home Page

1.  Can I exchange for property of less value?

2.  Do I have to exchange for the same type of property?

3.  Does the exchanges have to been done simultaneously?

4.  What is a QI?

5.  Will IRS audit a tax free exchange?

6.  Can I change the name on the title of the new property?

What is a 1031 Exchange?
Stuart Simpson

The IRS has an exchange provision that allows you to put the extra money you make off the sale of real estate into another equal or higher value property without paying taxes on the capital gains. You can’t do this on your primary house, but you can on a beach condo or a rent house. There are some things the experts suggest you do.

Get what the IRS calls a “Qualified Intermediary.” They will charge between $500 and $1500 for the deal. They escrow the money from the time you sell to the time you buy the new property. You must trade up within 45 days of selling and close the deal within 135 days. Make sure your “QI” is bonded and insured for negligence and fraud.

Watch the details. For example, if you bought a property for $200,000 and have depreciated it out for taxes to $100,000. Now you sell it for $400,000. Think you’ll roll over $200,000? Nope. The IRS says you have to drag the depreciation with you – only $300,000 total.

Also, don’t rush to trade up. Sometimes its best just to pay the tax. Don’t end up with something worse or something that appreciates slower than what you had. Its not always a good deal.

Check out for the Federation of Exchange Accomodators.

Latest Tax Free News
Tax Free Articles
Additional Resources
Want to Join the Moms?
Questions for CPA Moms?

Death & Taxes

We have Information to Help You with Either

Got Question for about a Tax Free Exchange?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

Complete this form for Carl's Tax Tip on "How to get Tax Free Cash out a Tax Free Exchange"

E-mail Address: *
Your First Name *
Your City *
Your State *

* Required

More Information Less Taxes

Need Cash Quick?
   Same Day
   Next Day - 37,127 Locations
   Refund Anticipation Loan
   Earned Income Credit

Tax Deductions
     Day Care
     Medical & Dental
     Educator Expense
     Divorce & Alimony
     Donating Car to Charity

Personal Finance
   Retire Buying Tax Liens
   Borrowing from your 401k
   Your Credit Report
   Credit Repair
   Your Social Security
   Social Secuity Disability
   Indentity Thief
   Reverse Mortgages

Tax Preparation Specilities
 Truckers - Long Haul/Local

Where is my Refund?
   Electronic Filing

IRS want to give you:
    Earned Income Credit
    Adoption Credit

Business Expenses
    Office in Home
    Business Deductions

Latest News









Privacy Policy ......... About Us  ......  Disclaimer ..... Copywrited 2005 - 2006 & Developed by  Tax Moms