Types of Business Entities

Do Your Own Taxes - Fee from Refund
Claiming Social Security Disability
FREE 2008 CPA Moms Tax Review Details
Divorce & Taxes
Offer in Compromise
Installment Payment for Taxes
Credit Reports
Social Security
Do Your Own Taxes - Fee from Refund
Deliquent Tax Returns
Retirement Planning
CPA Moms Master Index
Overview - Type of Business Entities
Sole Proprietors
C Corporations
LLC's - What is it?
Mileage Expenses
Office in Home
Business Deductions
Types Home Page
Latest Business News
Business Articles
Additional Resources
Want to Join the Moms?
Type of Business Blog

Death & Taxes

We have Information to Help You with Either

Got Question for a CPA Mom?

IRS wants you to retire Financially Free!     We will answer your questions and give you options about how to become Financially Free when you retire

Tax answers/options when you sell your Home.      We will answer your questions about the tax free home sales and give you options on tax free exchanges

So, You got a letter from IRS?  We can help.    Letters from IRS are scary. We will answer your questions at no charge.

S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp, Partnership - Your Choice?    Selecting the correct Business Entity is confusing.  We will give you the tax options of each Business Entity.

How not to pay taxes when you sell income property.    We will explain how to do a tax free exchange & not pay taxes when you sell your income property.

To pay for Services - Please click on Paypal Logo below

Tax & Accounting Services


Books on Incorporating

Isnt Once Enough? Dont Let The IRS Tax Your Small Business Twice



Have you been thinking about incorporating your small
business or self-employment activity? The advantages
are many!

For starters, you'll be protecting yourself and your family
from the possibility of a business ending lawsuit. Forming a
corporation is Step One on the path known as "Asset
Protection" -- you are moving from the world of unlimited
liability to the world of limited liability.

(NOTE: For further insight into the legal advantages of
incorporating, check out the article: "It Can Happen To You:
Why Any Sole Proprietorship Is A Risky Business" at

From a tax standpoint, there are both advantages and
disadvantages to incorporating. Yes, forming a corporation
can either reduce your taxes or increase your taxes,
depending on what type of corporation you create.

There are two main types of corporations: "C" Corporations
and "S" Corporations -- and which type you choose can make
all the difference in the world of taxes.

NOTE: The question of "C" Corp vs. "S" Corp has no effect
on the asset protection provided by your corporation.
This is a tax issue, not a legal issue.

A "C" Corporation can lead you into a Tax Trap known as
"double taxation". Yes, income from a "C" Corporation can
actually be taxed twice -- once when it's earned on the
corporate level and again when it's paid to you, the
shareholder, in dividends.

There are several ways to avoid double taxation. Often
the easiest way is to tell the IRS that you choose to
be an "S" Corp instead of a "C" Corp. The profits of
an "S" Corp are not taxable to the corporation; instead,
those profits are reported directly on the shareholder's
personal income tax return and are therefore only
taxed once.

And once is enough, don't you think!

Of course, any article on Choice of Entity must contain
the old disclaimer, "Consult your tax professional" --
I am not prescribing a one-size-fits-all approach to
this issue. But for many small biz owners and self-employed
folks, the "S" Corporation is a good fit because
it provides protection from personal liability and
avoids the nasty tax trap of double taxation -- two
great benefits worth checking into.

Should you incoporate your sole proprietorship and then
decide that the "S" Corporation is the right fit,
you must inform the IRS that your corporation is choosing
"S" Corporation status by filing Form 2553, which is,
in effect, an application to become an "S" Corporation.

If you incorporate and do not file Form 2553, you are
automatically considered to be a "C" Corporation by the IRS.
In other words, to be a "C" Corporation, you just
incorporate; there is nothing you have to do to inform the
IRS you want to be a "C" Corporation.

There are critical rules regarding how and when to file
Form 2553, so be sure to read the instructions carefully,
or check with your tax pro.

Failure to file Form 2553 on time or filing Form 2553
incorrectly results in a rejection of your corporation's
"S" Corp application, and the corporation is then by default
treated as a "C" Corp, subject to double taxation, the
very trap you were trying to avoid.

To download a copy of Form 2553, go to:

The instructions for filing Form 2553 are found here:


Wayne M. Davies is author of 3 tax-slashing eBooks for small
business owners and the self-employed. For a free copy of
Wayne's 25-page report, "How To Instantly Double Your
Deductions" visit http://www.YouSaveOnTaxes.com



Privacy Policy .. About Us  .. Disclaimer ..  Copywrited 2005  - 2006 - Developed by  Tax Net Inc